Explore Center New Student Enrollment
Welcome, new Explore Center students! We’re glad you’re here! Below are a few reminders for the next steps to complete after your New Student Enrollment academic advising meeting.
Haven’t completed your advising meeting?
- Set up your Huskers email account. Check this email regularly, as it will be used for all UNL communication. Click here for instructions.
- Get important reminders via text. Text @EXPLOREUNL to 81010 to enroll.
- Did you take AP or IB exams? AP scores can be sent to UNL through this website. IB transcripts can be requested through this website.
- Did you get college credit for courses in high school? If so, request that your official college transcripts be sent direct to the UNL Office of Admissions from the college or university you received credit through. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Remember that your first UNL course (Explore Center Start Smart) is taught through Canvas beginning August 1 and must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on August 22.
- Engage with your advisor
- Actively communicate through email and meetings
- Intentionally explore majors and careers
- Reflect upon and work toward your goals
- Respect the experiences of others and be open to learning from the university community
Your Advisor Will:
- Be an advocate for you and empower you to advocate for yourself
- Treat you with respect and genuine care
- Share accurate academic requirements, policies, and procedures
- Connect you to campus and academic resources
- Be available to respond to your questions
COMPASS Advising Program
- Meet with an Explore Center advisor at least twice each semester
- Schedule your first advising meeting within the first 5 weeks of class
- Work through the COMPASS plan you develop with your advisor
- Complete the first 4 semesters of your degree plan in MyRed using the Degree Planner tool* (Pre-Health students are also required to include healthcare science courses for all semesters)
- The advising hold on your account will be lifted once you complete your COMPASS plan
* The Degree Planner allows you to map out your future courses and connects them to your Enrollment Scheduler, making enrollment more efficient. Degree Planner instructions can be found here.