Explore Center New Student Enrollment
Welcome, new Explore Center students! We’re glad you’re here! Below are a few reminders for the next steps to complete after your New Student Enrollment academic advising meeting.
Haven’t completed your advising meeting?
- Set up your Huskers email account. Check this email regularly, as it will be used for all UNL communication. Click here for instructions.
- Did you get college credit for courses in high school? If so, request that your official college transcripts be sent direct to the UNL Office of Admissions from the college or university you received credit through. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you take AP or IB exams? AP scores can be sent to UNL through this website. IB transcripts can be requested through this website.
- Remember that your first UNL course (Explore Center Start Smart) is taught through Canvas beginning August 1 and must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on August 21.
- If you want to make edits to your schedule, it's always good to check with an advisor first. See this website for video instructions on changing your schedule.
- Engage with your advisor
- Actively communicate through email and meetings
- Intentionally explore majors and careers
- Reflect upon and work toward your goals
- Respect the experiences of others and be open to learning from the university community
Your Advisor Will:
- Be an advocate for you and empower you to advocate for yourself
- Treat you with respect and genuine care
- Share accurate academic requirements, policies, and procedures
- Connect you to campus and academic resources
- Be available to respond to your questions
COMPASS Advising Program
- Help you prepare for future course registration
- Support your progress towards academic, career, and personal goals
- Registration hold lifted upon completion of your COMPASS advising plan