Pre-Health is an advising category for students preparing to enter a professional health school. Pre-health areas are not majors and, therefore, do not grant students baccalaureate degrees. You can choose any major offered at Nebraska while still studying any of the 17 different pre-health areas. Start your journey towards a health profession with the resources below, and visit us in the Explore Center for individual advising.
Your Pre-Health Guide
Explore Health Professions
With so many different health careers out there to choose from, it is important to explore which field is the right fit for you. This will take a short amount of time for some of you, while for others it will be a process. To get you started on the path to exploring which health profession is right for you, take a look at the resources and suggestions below.
- Take CASC 150: Introductions to Health Professions
- Explore and compare career overviews at explorehealthcareers.org
- Shadow a health professional
- Visit with a health school visitor in the Explore Center
- Attend a guest lecture or health professions panel (stop by the Explore Center to put yourself on our pre-health listserv so you are notified of these opportunities!)
Health School Visitors
Sign up today to visit with a health school visitor! Learn more about your different options for health school, admissions requirements, how to become a competitive applicant, and much more. Visitors will be available throughout the year in the Explore Center (Love South 127) and signing up for a meeting is just a click away!Schedule an Appointment