Areas of FocusPre-health (Non-Degree), Pre-law (Non-Degree), Undeclared (Non-Degree)
The Nebraska Difference
Get 1-to-1 Advising
Easily Switch Majors
Study What You Love
The Explore Center at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln empowers deciding and pre-professional students to thrive academically and cultivate career-ready confidence.
An Explore Center professional academic advisor will be your expert generalist, helping you navigate a wide range of experiences, support and resources to help you feel confident about a career path.
Transferable ACE Credits
Achievement-Centered Education (ACE) courses are transferable across all majors and cover a variety of disciplines. ACE courses allow you to build a foundation of knowledge and gain valuable academic experiences from day one.
Explore Power Seminar (UGEP 100)
Explore your individual passion areas and purpose for pursuing higher education.
Career Development Seminar (EDPS 150)
Connect your individual strengths, interests and values to a career path.
Explore the 4-Year Plans
Huskers Do Big Things
Outside the Classroom
Academics & Experiential Learning
- Receive a broad education through ACE courses, which provide exposure to multiple disciplines, critical life skills and civic capacities. Students complete three (3) credit hours in ten unique learning outcomes.
- Gain practical work or internship experience to develop leadership skills, clarify career interests, strengthen self-confidence and establish professional contacts.
- Take a First-Year Seminar course to enhance your exploration of majors and careers to help you choose a major that’s right for you.
- Easily schedule appointments to shadow a variety of working professionals through Handshake and Student Success Hub.
- Get involved in one of our many recognized student organizations on campus.
- Schedule a meeting with CAST, the Center for Academic Success and Transition.
Have Questions? We're Here to Help
If you have questions about the Undeclared (Non-Degree) major or navigating the application process, contact us.