Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule individual appointments with Explore Center academic advisors by using the MyPLAN system in your My.UNL portal (Canvas). This allows you to receive email reminders and view your appointments online. If you have trouble scheduling an appointment in MyPLAN, please call the Explore Center front desk to schedule an appointment at 402-472-3605.
To schedule a meeting:
- Log into Canvas through http://my.unl.edu
- Click on the MyPLAN link located in any of your classes or in your settings tab within Canvas
- Find "My Success Network" located at the bottom left.
- In the Search box type in "Explore" or "Explore Center"
- Select the option "Advising – Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (Explore Center)"
- Each advisor has an option to "Schedule Online." Select "Schedule Online" and this will take you to the advisor's calendar.
- If the time has a green plus symbol, then it is available for an appointment. Click on a time that works for you.
- Complete the information in the scheduling window and click "Submit."
The Explore Center offers walk-in advising Monday through Friday. A walk-in appointment means that you check-in with the front desk and meet with an advisor on a first come, first serve basis. Students who sign in with the front desk must remain in the Explore Center lobby while waiting to meet with an advisor. Wait times vary throughout the year.